Have you been receiving more and more mail pieces back marked as "return to sender" with all your DIRECT MAIL marketing efforts lately?
If so, you're not alone.
And if not, it's a matter of when... not if.
With many budget cuts that have been happening, here's why your costs are ever-increasing...
In general, mail carriers with intimate route-knowledge can often deliver mail that lack complete address information such as:
• missing apartment and suite numbers;
• minor spelling and addressing errors; and
• changes of address.
However, as the U.S. Postal Service continues to hire a new workforce, there are poorly addressed mail pieces that end up in the hands of a rookie carrier who doesn’t know how to deliver it.
Even experienced mail carriers may work overtime to cover a vacant route and are unfamiliar with those addresses.
Carrier knowledge alone simply can’t be counted on.
So, what can you do to improve the bottom line results of your direct mail campaign?
Increase the volume of deliverable addresses in your mail list. Use a powerful address-correction service that will carefully examine your mail list and identify records for deliverability not just mailability. There is a big difference between the two.
How can this be done?
With Spectrum Printing Company's DATA VISION service, you can improve your ROI and maintain your good reputation by using accurate and effective data. Save printing and postage costs by NOT mailing to people who are unreceptive or unable to respond, and reduce your undeliverable and returned mail.
Discover how to:
• update addresses of people who have moved whether or not they filed a change-of-address form with the post office;
• add missing apartment numbers without counting on mail carriers to do it for you;
• eliminate addresses belonging to those incarcerated;
• know which records to delete belonging to those deceased; and
• avoid sending mail to those on the national Do-Not-Mail list.
This innovative data enhancement service that can do all this is available to you today for much less than you would think.
Start using DATA VISION on your next direct mail project. Give us a call at (520) 571-1114.